The African Union Commission is inviting applicants for the Africa Youth Day under the theme: “Promoting youth mainstreaming as a catalyst towards harnessing the demographic dividend.”
Africa Youth Day is a day set aside every year to promote the increased recognition of youth as key agents of social change, economic growth and sustainable development in all areas of African Society.
The purpose of this event is to promote an increased recognition of youth as key agents for social change and economic growth in all aspects of the African society, to contribute and channel the youth motivation, energy and idealism, and to reinforce the efforts towards the achievement of a sustainable development in the Africa.
- Promote the youth mainstreaming in all development activities
- Increase awareness, commitment and investment in youth
- Strengthen youth participation and partnerships
- Increase intercultural exchanges and understanding among youth
- Sensitise state actors, private sector players and development partners on the need to accelerate the youth agenda, with youth, under the four key pillars of the Demographic Dividend Road-map
- Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Education and Skills Development
- Health and Wellbeing
- Rights, Governance and Youth Empowerment
- Shared values of an integrated and peaceful continent based on pan-African values.
- Celebrating young people’s contributions and achievements as agents of change at the community level and their capacity to engage with other people in development issues.
- Inclusion of young people in decision-making and planning processes at all levels.
- Encouraging youth to play a stronger role in programme development and implementation to empower their communities.
Member States, African youth on the continent and in the Diaspora, AU Ministers and Senior Officials of Youth, Sports and Culture, UN Agencies and Development Partners, Youth led and Youth Serving organisations can be a part of Africa Youth Day.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sahrawi Republic, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, UR of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.