All of you great VOF Leaders have been working really hard for the past eight weeks and have shown an immense commitment to create real change in your communities. The work in the past three weeks has intensified and we can see how some confusions around your assignments is possible.
To help you stay organized and complete your assignments by the deadlines, we have created the list below of assignments due this week and next week.
1)Module 6 Assignment #1: "Plan for a Future Training". Due on 11 April Think about a training you could host to inform people about the issue you are passionate about. This assignment should be very simple. You do not need to know all the specific details of your future training but you can answer the following questions to start your thinking about the possibilities:
- Who will you invite?
- What’s your goal for the training? What will participants gain? What will the community outcome be?
- What parts of the Trainer’s Toolkit will you use? How will you adapt the training to your own language, culture, and local needs?
- What resources will you need to conduct this training? Do you have those resources? If not, how can you get them?
- Any safety concerns? How will you address these concerns?
Note: You do not have to host this training before the end of VOF, but we hope you will host it in the future, and share with us how it goes!
2) Module 7 Assignment #1: “My Proposal” Due 13 April This assignments is a very important piece. Please prioritize finishing this assignment on time! It is an opportunity for you to start getting feedback from your colleagues and online community about what you want your final Digital Action Campaign to be like. For this assignment you only need to answer the following questions in your post:
- What is the main goal of your Digital Action Campaign (DAC)?
- Who is the audience for your DAC?
- What are some actions would you want your audience to take?
3) Module 6 Assignment #2: Reflection on your Facilitation Experience. Due 20 April. You will be leading a small, informal training using the Digital Empowerment Trainer’s Toolkit to help practice your facilitation skills. For this assignment you are asked to post a reflection on how your small facilitation went with the women in your community. We give you some guideline questions so you can start your reflection:
- Write a summary of the experience
- Tell us about at least one thing you learned about teaching from this experience. How was it to share this activity with other women?
- What worked well?
- What was more difficult? How could the difficulties be addressed the next time you train others?
If you have any questions about any of these assignments please reach out to Maya or Stephanie - we are happy to help. And, don’t forget that your mentors are a great support as you complete these assignments!