Girls’ Access to Education. The Barriers. The Solutions.
Tell us your personal testimony—either experienced or witnessed—and your vision for improving the lives of girls in your community. Tell us about the barriers you faced as a young woman or that girls in your community face when accessing education and solutions you’ve found in overcoming them:
- What do you believe is the greatest challenge girls confront in your community to accessing an education?
- Describe the barriers that prevent you or young women in your community from accessing education. For example: cultural biases or micro-inequities, lack of respect for women, economic constraints, lack of mentors, lack of confidence, or others.
- What impact do you believe these barriers to education have had on yourself, your family, or community?
- How have you or others been able to overcome these barriers? Follow the steps below to ensure that your story is properly submitted to Voices of Our Future Application AND Campaigns (Campaigns is optional) which will be included in World Pulse’s advocacy package, which will be presented at key international forums.
- Write a 500-800 word or less article
- Post your article in your personal journal on World Pulse by April 22nd, 2013 at 11:55pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).* To do this, go to your Journal (if you are not already logged in, you will be directed to do so). On the right hand side of the page, there will be an orange button that says "Post to Your Journal". Once you click on this button, you will be able to post your assignment.
- You may put any title you want on your journal entry, but it MUST be tagged with the following (you can cut and paste the text that follows): 2013 VOF Week 3 AND check the box titled Digital Action Campaigns - Girls Transform the World if you want your voice to be included in the campaign and delivered to influential forums.