Call for Applications: 3rd Asia Pacific “Women Leading, Women Organizing” Training
Deadline: 10 October 2016
Applications are open for 3rd Asia Pacific “Women Leading, Women Organizing (WLWO)” Training. This workshop/training will draw from the experiences and existing knowledge of the participants. It will focus on Trade Unionism in the context of Globalization, Fundamentalism, Militarism and Feminist Development Justice.
The sessions will seek to develop leadership skills of the participants; capacities in organizing methods, including mobilizing through speech; feminist analysis of work; the decent work agenda; collective bargaining, among others.
- APWLD will cover the costs of discounted economy airfare; boarding and lodging during the training and the subsequent one-two days to participate in solidarity events (approx. 6/7days in total), applicable visa fees and airport/travel taxes.
- Other additional travel related expenses must be informed by the participant to APWLD beforehand for approval.
- Participation on self-funding (full or partial) can also be considered.
- Women delegates, organizers, trade union leaders (both registered and un-registered, informal unions or associations are eligible)
- Engagement in trade union/s for minimum of 1 year.
- Able to fully attend the training from 1-4 December and other civil society activities like GFMD’s Asian Civil Society Day or People’s Global Action from around 5-10 December.
- As the workshop and learning material will be in English, applicants are expected to have basic proficiency of English (understanding and speaking). Those who are not proficient in English may be considered where another participant can support translation. Trade unions can nominate up to two participants with one being an English speaker.
- APWLD members as well as non-members from across Asia Pacific.
- Applications from unions/organizations who have participated in previous two WLWO trainings are also eligible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States.
For more information, please visit the Call for Applications at http://apwld.org/call-for-application-women-leading-women-organizing-tra...