My Dad My Hero-Breaching Customs Structuring Future is a global campaign to address the prevention of Child marriage by raising awareness at all levels to involve fathers for influencing decision making process at household level to decrease the number child marriage incidences.
The campaign is titled “My Dad My Hero” to mobilize and involve men and boys as a key players to create sense of responsibility to combat child marriage. To achieve maximum goals, the campaign vision is to utilize digital media and modern communication tools to ensure that child marriage can be prevented by involving and educating fathers to defeat harmful tradition of early age marriage.
The Campaign aims at constructing awareness by utilizing maximum communication channels for crafting societies with acceptance, tolerance and egalitarianism for women and girls.
The campaign is with a basic goal of “Creating an enabling environment to stop child marriage through an active digital media campaign mainly through the wide circulation of related documentaries and hosting an interactive web portal that will address the subject holistically.”
- To enhance the desire to protect daughters
- Promotion of gender equality
- Awareness workshops for the Involvement of fathers to prevent early age marriage of children
- Documentaries production to create awareness about the disadvantages of Child Marriage
- Hosting an interactive web portal to create awareness
- Reduction of violence against girls
- To minimize health risk due to early age marriage.
- Promotion of education as a basic right for child (Boy and Girl)
- Petitioning the government to endorse, implement, and advance public awareness of legislation to set 18 years as a minimum legal marriage age for both boys and girls. Economic empowerment of girls
My main target audience are:
- Family members of probable child grooms and child brides who belong to remote regions of Pakistan, where this custom is deep rooted.
- Elder members of the community who still believe in age-old customs, sometimes possess little know how about negative impacts.
Whereas secondary target audience includes:
- Religious Leaders
- Students and educationist
- Policy makers and politicians
- International community
- Unite Nation
- Child right and child protection bureau
- Subscribers and readers of Publication houses
- Magazines, newspapers, blog writers focusing on the subject matter
- Viewers of National and International News Channels
- Listeners of Radio Channels
- Social Media like YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, world pulse etc.
Digital Action Campaign:
This digital action campaign is focused on utilizing all communication channels to breach centuries-old customs to structure the future of millions of girls cross the world. The major long term and lasting impact would be the belief change by watching documentaries and listening the stories of child brides. Another broader impact would be the involvement and contribution of male community who are decision makers at household level to resist against this harmful tradition and create positive possibilities for their daughters and sisters. Other impacts are:
- The utilization of campaign website as a resource material by different organizations who are already struggling to prevent child marriage.
- Campaign will encourage policy makers and politicians to develop strategies and policies to increase the minimum age of marriage to 18 Years in order to prevent new generation from this harmful tradition.
- Another supposed impact would be the low anticipated resistance from the side of religious scholars and leaders
- Maximum coverage to the issue by media would also be an impact that will contribute in creating awareness about the severity of the issue.
"My Dad My Hero" will produce a series of stories in which fathers didn’t support their children will be shared to develop the regret feelings for not bringing change in the lives of their children. This regret feeling will act as a catalyst to break this harmful tradition.
- Campaign Web Address: http://www.mydadmyhero.org.pk/
- Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/My-Dad-My-Hero-1770562443179707/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyDadMyHero2