Golden sisters forum is a fellowship of women and girls between ages 12 - 35 years. The objective of the fellowship is to
• To provide education on gender identity, sexual behavioural change and Godly relationships
• To provide succor for girls who have gone through traumatic and stressful life experiences
• To strengthen the social network of girls to speak for themselves, share and explore their experiences in a supportive and safe environment.
This fellowship started in a small town called Ikere, Ekiti State, Nigeria. The inaugural fellowship of the golden sisters was held at the Living Faith Church, Ikere Ekiti on the 14th of August 2011. The need and passion for a fellowship like this was developed in me after my interactions with the community on Pulse World. I suddenly felt confidence that i could impact the lives of these girls positively. I suddenly did not feel comfortable again seeing these girls engage in prostitution to feed themselves and sometimes pay their school fees. my husband and i started the fellowship. The team of the first meeting was 'Creating A Sense Of Purpose'. It was a wonderful interactive session.
The second meeting was held at the College of Education, Ikere Ekiti on the 9th of October, 2011. The team was 'The Emergence of Golden Sisters'. We had over 200 participants. These meetings are funded by my family and we are still committed to keep doing this as much as our resources can carry us.
Our goals for 2012 :
1. Have our seminars, once every month.
2. Assist two more girls on Schorlaship (we have been assisting one student on scholarship since November, 2009)
3. Provide monthly food assistance for 10 college girls.
4. Assist 5 more girls start their own small scale businesses ( we have assisted two in 2011)
We are committed to this course. we would have a most impactful year.
Ladies please pray for us.