About Me: I'm writing a book about global youth viewpoints. I have a first draft if you'd like to critique and add to it. I still need input via response to my 11 questions. To see my vita, look at www.gaylekimball.info. I started a website for global youth to exchange ideas http://globalyouthspeakout.ning.com/main/index/addContent. You can see photos of schools I've visited on various continents at myspace.com/globalyouthviewpoints. Here are the questions to share with young people 19 and younger. Thanks!
Greetings from California. I'm writing a book that gives you and other young people around the world an opportunity to say what's on your mind. This is your chance to be heard. Many of you have wonderful suggestions for how to make our world a better to live in, so I'm asking people age 19 and under to respond to 10 questions. I’ll compare your answers by age, gender, and location. See myspace.com/globalyouthviewpoints for the questions and photos of schools and students I’ve visited on three continents. Also see http://globalyouthspeakout.ning.com/main/index/addContent (I’ve written other peer-based books for youth, including The Teen Trip: The Complete Resource Guide and How to Survive Your Parents’ Divorce: Kids’ Advice to Kids.) Please also forward to kids and their teachers so they can be part of the global youth book. Thanks, Gayle Kimball, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you could ask a question of the wisest person in the world, what would you ask her or him about life?
- What bothers you in your daily life? What practice best helps you stay calm?
- If there was one thing you could change about adults, what would it be?
- What would you like to change about yourself?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- When have you felt most loved by someone else?
- Why do you think you’re here on earth; what’s your purpose?
- On a scale of 1 to 100, how highly would you grade your
- What work would you like to do when you're an adult?
- If you were the leader of your country, what changes would you make?
- Imagine you get to write on a T-shirt going on a trip around the world. What do you want your T-mail to say to people?
What questions are missing that you’d like to answer? Your email. . . . . . . What first name would you like used in the book to quote you? How old are you? Girl or boy? What city and country do you live in? Gracias! Merci! Danke! Arrigato! Chi chi!
Previous Books: Essential Energy Tools book and 3 videos. 21st Century Families: Blueprints for Family-Friendly Workplaces, Schools and Governments. (Equality Press) How to Create Your Ideal Workplace (Equality Press) The Teen Trip: The Complete Resource Guide (Equality Press) 50/50 Parenting (Lexington Books) 50/50 Marriage (Beacon Press) ed. Everything You Need to Know to Succeed After College (Equality Press) How to Survive Your Parents' Divorce (Equality Press) ed. Women's Culture (Scarecrow Press) ÿ > > > > Ed. Women's Culture Revisited. (Scarecrow Press, 2005)
My Passions: empowering women and kids. I helped start and coordinate the Women's Studies program at Cal. State Univ. Chico.
My Challenges: Getting input for the book from India.
My Vision for the Future: Young people get that we need to protect our planet.
My Areas of Expertise: See the list of books I've written.