The program is due to start on April 1, 2015, and will run until June 15, 2015. Here's what's going to happen this time around:
1. The program is entirely online. There will be four teams comprising ten participants each. The team break up will be one participant each from each of the world's regions. Participants should be aged between 18 and 35.
- North and Central Americas (1)
- South Americas (1)
- Western Europe (1)
- Eastern Europe (1)
- Central and West Africa (1)
- South and East Africa (1)
- Middle East and North Africa (1)
- South and Central Asia (1)
- South-East and East Asia (1)
- Australia (1)
2. Each team will have one mentor from our team, who will oversee activities, help their teams with any issues they may encounter, and guide them towards peaceful dialogue and equal participation.
3. The teams will be given a curriculum, weekly reading material and viewing material, and will be required to engage in a conversation online using Google+ Hangouts for a minimum of one hour, focusing on topics set out for each week. Over the ten weeks, each participant, in turn, will play the role of the team's leader and lead the discussion.
4. Each week, each of the members of the team will be required to make an entry on their virtual journal (which REF will create and share) on their take-home from the week that passed, and their own individual views on topics discussed. Participants will be encouraged to share content on their journals above and beyond the requirements of the curriculum.
Interested already? Send us your application packet on before March 1, 2015, 00:00 IST with all of the following things in a single PDF document saved as :
- A 250 word bio describing yourself
- A 250 word note on why you are best suited to participate in this program
- A 250 word note on what peace means to you
- A scanned copy of your Passport
- Your contact information
- Names and addresses of two references
Send all of it to firstname.lastname@example.org with "BPP Application: " in the subject line.