“This program has confirmed what I already know. Women need to speak out—or shout out—because we do have so much to say. We just need to give ourselves a chance. VOF has allowed me to give myself that chance.” - Noreens, 2012 VOF Correspondent, Palestine
At World Pulse, we believe that when women are heard, they will change the world.On April 2, we are launching the fourth annual year of Voices of Our Future, our online training program in citizen journalism and digital empowerment that gives a new generation of emerging leaders the skills and knowledge they need to actualize and vocalize their visions for themselves, their communities and the world.
During the month-long application process, women from around the world receive learning materials via our online classroom introducing them to the frontiers of new media and women’s empowerment. We ask them to complete four short writing assignments, which are evaluated by our volunteer Listeners and staff. We then invite 30 of those women to join our six month training program starting in June.
“Being connected to this amazing and dynamic group of women, World Pulse staff, mentor and editor, gave me a new sense of purpose, direction and drive.” - Marinieves Alba, 2012 VOF Correspondent, United States
Benefits of the full program include:
- New media and citizen journalism training by renowned experts, including program partners The Global Press Institute and The Op-Ed Project
- Personal mentoring sessions and support from a Vision Mentor
- An Editorial Mentor to help hone your unique voice
- Opportunities for publication through World Pulse and partner media organizations
- Opportunities to connect with grassroots women leaders from around the globe
- Increased visibility for issues and challenges faced by you and your community
In the last two years, over 1,700 women from 140 countries have applied. Join the growing wave of empowered voices across the globe!
“The great networking opportunity with women from across the world is unique and available only in VOF program which has helped me immensely, deepening my understanding of world affairs and status of women's issues across the world.” - Stella Paul, 2012 VOF Correspondent, India
The 90 women who have participated in the full training program have gone on to create immense change around the world, and have touched more than 2 million lives!
- Delivered more than 100,000 signatures to the White House demanding appointment of a special envoy to the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Started a campaign to end breast ironing in Cameroon, with 10,000 women signing a pact to stop the practice.
- Been elected as youth representatives and congressional staff members for their communities.
- Started their own training programs and organizations on disability rights, sexual and reproductive health, and mentoring for young women.
- Created radio shows to address violence against women.
- Been interviewed by CNN.
- Spoken at the UN and been invited to key decision making conferences and forums around the world.
Click on the orange “Join this Group” button. If you are not already a member of World Pulse, you will be directed to the registration page.
Make sure to sign up by April 2!
If you are interested in volunteering for the program, please check out our opportunities page.