Around the world, women are creating new tech innovations, launching campaigns, speaking out, and rallying their communities to transform tech in their communities one click at a time.
The World Pulse Featured Changemakers Program is a global honor awarded to grassroots leaders using technology for good. Featured Changemakers are given international visibility for projects related to technology, individual coaching, and become part of a cohort of women leaders who are using digital tools in their work to create a more gender-equal world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- are running transformative projects in person or online,
- exemplify the World Pulse Spirit*,
- abide by our community guidelines,
- and have been selected for this international recognition by World Pulse staff.
* A person who exemplifies the World Pulse Spirit: Lifts up those around her. Speaks out for what she believes. Listens with empathy and without judgment. Seeks personal transformation. She is trustworthy. She is a connector. She uses technology, and she is passionate about making a difference.
30 June: Application period closes
August: Featured Changemakers are announced
August - January 2021: Featured Changemakers receive coaching, build connections with one another, and provide World Pulse with feedback and input on the #SheTransformsTech final report and global call for action.
January 2021: Featured Changemakers provide feedback to World Pulse on the program
- Visibility for your work and impact through World Pulse’s website and promotional channels including social media
- A press release detailing a summary of your campaign and connection to World Pulse for you to share with media outlets as you desire, upon successful completion of the program
- An early preview of the results of World Pulse's #SheTransformsTech survey
- The opportunity to build solidarity and strong connections with other global changemakers and partners
- An official Featured Changemaker certificate awarded by World Pulse, upon successful completion of the program
- A badge on your World Pulse profile and a social media graphic you can use to show you have been selected with this honor
- Be available for 4-6 video calls with other Featured Changemakers over a 5-month period (August - January)
- Post updates regularly on World Pulse about your campaign work, at least monthly
- Be an active and engaged member of the World Pulse community
- Share feedback with World Pulse staff about the program and the #SheTransformsTech final report and global call for action
Disclaimer: The World Pulse Featured Changemaker Program is a volunteer opportunity. Featured Changemakers will not have authority to commit to any kind of contract or written agreement in the name of World Pulse or on behalf of World Pulse. This program is not intended nor shall be construed for any purpose as creating the relation of employer and employee. The views and opinions expressed by World Pulse Featured Changemakers do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of World Pulse.