Around the world, women are creating new tech innovations, launching campaigns, speaking out, and rallying their communities to transform tech in their communities one click at a time.
The World Pulse Featured Changemakers Program is a global honor awarded to grassroots leaders using technology for good. Featured Changemakers are given international visibility for projects related to technology, individual coaching, and become part of a cohort of women leaders who are using digital tools in their work to create a more gender-equal world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- are running transformative projects in person or online,
- exemplify the World Pulse Spirit*,
- abide by our community guidelines,
- and have been selected for this international recognition by World Pulse staff.
* A person who exemplifies the World Pulse Spirit: Lifts up those around her. Speaks out for what she believes. Listens with empathy and without judgment. Seeks personal transformation. She is trustworthy. She is a connector. She uses technology, and she is passionate about making a difference.
24 March: Application period opens
30 April: Call for stories closes; invitations sent to those who meet the criteria to join the Featured Changemaker program and be matched with mentors in June.
28 May: Featured Changemakers are announced and receive their Impact Dashboard and access to online training hub.
June-November: Featured Changemakers eligible for 1:1 mentoring support and access to online training.
- Visibility for your work and impact through World Pulse’s website and promotional channels including social media
- A press release detailing a summary of your campaign and connection to World Pulse for you to share with media outlets as you desire, upon successful completion of the program
- The opportunity to receive 1:1 mentoring from a World Pulse Community Mentor for six months
- The opportunity to build solidarity and strong connections with other global changemakers and partners
- An official Featured Changemaker certificate awarded by World Pulse, upon successful completion of the program
- A badge on your World Pulse profile and a social media graphic you can use to show you have been selected with this honor
- Post updates regularly on World Pulse about your campaign work, at least monthly
- Be an active and engaged member of the World Pulse community
- Share feedback with World Pulse staff about the program and global campaigns
- Attend at least 2 peer coaching calls and complete the training assignments for Featured Changemakers
- NOTE: For those interested in the mentoring opportunity there are additional commitments and requirements
Disclaimer: The World Pulse Featured Changemaker Program is a volunteer opportunity. Featured Changemakers will not have authority to commit to any kind of contract or written agreement in the name of World Pulse or on behalf of World Pulse. This program is not intended nor shall be construed for any purpose as creating the relation of employer and employee. The views and opinions expressed by World Pulse Featured Changemakers do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of World Pulse.