The YALTA Business Accelerator is an initiative of The Netherland Foods Partnership within the Youth in Agroecology and Business Learning Track Africa.
We are looking for SMEs who already follow principles of sustainability, aim to benefit people and the planet, and who have clear agroecological ideas on how to do better.
Winning ideas contribute to one or more of these goals:
• Resource efficiency (waste reduction, regenerative agriculture and circular practices)
• Dietary diversity
• Synergies and co-creation in the food system
• Human health and well-being
• Creating value for low-income or other vulnerable groups.
Utilize This Offer
The YALTA Business Accelerator
calls upon SMEs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda to submit their agroecological ideas for a sustainable, healthy and diverse food system.
1. A young entrepreneur in agriculture, food and nutrition,
2. Managing a local business for the local / regional market in Ethiopia / Kenya / Rwanda or Uganda,
3. You have an idea to improve your business so that it contributes to a sustainable food system,
4. Your business is running since 1+ year,
5. If the COVID-19 measures allow: you are available to travel to Nairobi for a 3-day-long in-person training at the end of August (travel costs reimbursed).
If the COVID-19 measures do not allow: you are available and able to participate in the training online, including participation on virtual sessions and online self-study sessions over the period of 2 weeks at the end of August.
Fill in the FULL application form by 30 June at 24:00 EAT the latest.
The final selection will be announced by the end of July.
The 10 selected participants will benefit from business & innovation skills training, innovation jams and coaching to improve their agroecological ideas and turn them into a plan that is ready to be implemented.
All 10 participants will get the chance to pitch at a final event.
At the end of the final event, 3 winners will be announced.
The 3 winners receive:
• Matching grant for the implementation of their solution:
1st prize: €5,000
2nd prize: €3,000
3rd prize: €2,000
• Close support during implementation.
For more information, please visit https://vc4a.com/bopinc/yalta/