FREE Fund aims to ensure long-term investment in the economic empowerment of adolescent girls and young women.
FREE is envisioned as a pooled funding mechanism designed to support the needs of adolescent girls and young women.
With foundational investment from Standard Chartered, FREE will accelerate progress towards SDG 5 and SDG 8 by increasing the economic opportunities available to girls and women.
Utilize This Offer
FREE will fund proposals that prioritize the long-term economic resilience of adolescent girls and young women.
1. Youth-led, women-led and other community-based organisations whose focus includes adolescent girls and young women at a grassroots level; or
2. Individual women (18+) with a proposal to increase economic opportunities for themselves or other adolescent girls and young women in their community; or
3. Organisations and groups that are directly supporting and targeting the following participants:
• all cis, trans, non-binary and
• all other underrepresented groups and communities such as black, indigenous, people of colour, LGBTIQ+, refugees, and migrant adolescent girls and women with or without disabilities, sex workers, aged between 12 to 35 years.
4. Applicants based and working in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Nepal, Philippines.
5. You can only apply for a grant that is 50% or less than your annual organisational income.
6. Your organisation or group must have experience working directly with adolescent girls and women, and can demonstrate a track record.
Priority will be given to underrepresented and traditionally excluded groups and to grassroots organisations.
> Individual women (18+) can apply for:
• Up to $2,500
• Up to $5,000
> Registered youth-led, women-led, and other community-based organisations and Women’s Funds can apply for:
• Up to $10,000
• Up to $25,000
• Up to $50,000.
Applications deadline: 7 July 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.thefreefund.org/why-girls-women