The U.S. Embassy in Kigali, Rwanda, is pleased to announce the 2022-2023 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.
This one-year, fully-funded scholarship program is offered to midcareer professionals working at the policy-level who have a record of leadership, a commitment to public service, and the initiative to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent study at a leading American university.
The Humphrey Fellowship brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States for a one year mid-career program of non-degree study and related professional activities.
The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between Americans and professional counterparts from Rwanda.
Utilize This Offer
Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities for the August 2022—June 2023 academic year.
Fellowships are available in the following fields:
a) Sustainable Development;
b) Democratic Institution Building;
d) Public Health.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must have:
1. A Bachelor’s degree;
2. Five years of substantial professional experience;
3. Demonstrated commitment to public service;
4. Leadership position with responsibilities providing direct input or impact on policy;
5. Fluency in English.
N.B. TOEFL is not required at the time of the application.
Successful candidates will receive funding to register for the test.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provides:
· Round-trip international travel for the grantee;
· Tuition and university fees;
· Settling-in and monthly maintenance allowances;
· Funding for books and professional activities;
· Limited accident and sickness insurance (does not include pre-existing conditions and pregnancy);
· The Humphrey Program doe s not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
Applications deadline: 10 July 2021.
For more information, please download