The U.S. Embassy in Yemen is seeking applications for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Exchange Program.
The program aims to encourage middle-level professionals by sending them to the United States for a full year to pursue their professional studies at a US university to develop their future projects with full-time professional training and contact with their fellow Americans peers.
The Humphrey Fellowship brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States for a one year mid-career program of non-degree study and related professional activities.
The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between Americans and professional counterparts from Yemen.
The selection process will be conducted according to the online applications received based on the candidates professional qualifications, leadership abilities and public service commitment.
Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities for the August 2022—June 2023 academic year.
Utilize This Offer
1. Possess a first university / undergraduate degree.
2. Have a minimum of 5 years full-time professional experience beyond attainment of an undergraduate degree prior to August 2022.
3. Not have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2022.
4. Not have recent U.S. experience of over six months during the five years prior to August 2022.
5. Not have dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
Priority is given to applicants currently living inside Yemen.
Field of Study:
a) Human and Institutional Capacity;
b) Rights and Freedoms;
c) Sustainable Lands;
d) Thriving Communities.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provides:
· Round-trip international travel for the grantee;
· Tuition and university fees;
· Settling-in and monthly maintenance allowances;
· Funding for books and professional activities;
· Limited accident and sickness insurance (does not include pre-existing conditions and pregnancy).
The Humphrey Program does NOT provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
Fellowship are awarded competitively based upon professional qualifications, leadership potential, and commitment to public service.
Application deadline is July 15, 2021.
For more information please visit
For more information, please visit https://ye.usembassy.gov/applications-now-open-for-the-hubert-humphrey-f...