The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) has announced a call for proposals for Action: Preventive Measures in Populations in Situation of Vulnerability – COVID-19.
The objective of the call is to ensure that preventive public health measures can be implemented for the entire population, without any exclusion.
Proposals may be submitted by academic institutions, NGOs, community or civil society organizations with legal personality, ministries of health, health services or primary health care services, as well as local governments (municipalities, cantons) and other government sectors in the region.
To promote and strengthen the implementation of the “Guidance for implementing non-pharmacological public health measures in populations in situations of vulnerability in the context of COVID-19” (2020, PAHO), in order to ensure that the preventative public health measures can be effectively implemented by the entire population, with no exclusion.
Utilize This Offer
1. Only proposals from the Region of the Americas will be considered.
2. Proposals can be based on the already existing application of the guide, or actions toward its future implementation.
3. The proposals can have a local, sub-national, or national scope.
4. Proposals can be presented in Spanish, English, Portuguese, or French.
5. Proposals may be submitted by academic institutions, NGOs, community organizations or civil society with legal representation, by Ministries of Health, Health Services or Primary Health Care services, as well as local governments (municipalities, cantons) and other government sectors.
6. Proposals can be presented jointly by more than one institution.
The selection process includes the consideration of compliance with the legal requirements associated with the Framework for the Engagement of Non-State Actors (FENSA).
Proposals from organizations that have some connection with the tobacco and arms industry will not be accepted.
a) Communication and dissemination:
Maximum Proposal Amount: 4,750 USD;
b) Training or capacity building:
Maximum Proposal Amount: 10,000 USD;
c) Adaptations and / or validations:
Maximum Proposal Amount: 20,000 USD;
d) Systematization and / or evaluation:
Maximum Proposal Amount: 25,000 USD.
Deadline to receive applications (Closing date): 25 July 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.paho.org/en/announcements/call-proposals-action-preventive-m...