The Utility of the Future challenge invites you to imagine the future (2050) where water utilities are providing reliable, safe, inclusive, transparent, and responsive WSS services through best-fit practices that allow them to operate in an efficient, resilient, innovative and sustainable manner.
But the challenge does not stop at envisioning the future; you must also come up with a strategy to fulfill your vision.
Put on your thinking cap and help a utility in trouble become a Utility of the Future.
Utilize This Offer
1. Team: Groups of 2 to 3 people. Make sure your group is diverse and inclusive!
2. Participants' age: Max 30-years old.
• Bragging rights at the upcoming World Water Week hosted by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) being held from August 23-27;
• the opportunity to participate and present your idea at the 2022 World Bank Water Week;
• meeting World Bank’s senior water experts to grow your network and discuss the latest trends in water and sanitation;
• and last but not least - being shortlisted for a winter internship with the WB Utility of the Future team so you can help real utilities travel to 2050.
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021.
For more information please visit