Applications are now open for the 2022 Women for the Environment (WE) Africa’s Leadership Program.
WE Africa has identified five pillars that form the foundation of the WE Africa leadership experience:
• Personal Leadership Growth;
• Wellbeing and Wellness;
• Relationships of Collaboration and Peacebuilding;
• Innovation and Inspiration;
• Strategic Influence to Scale Impact.
> Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in the environmental sector today;
> Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching;
> An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and to pursue personalized leadership development activities to realize that vision;
> Monthly online sessions designed to fit around and complement your work;
> Two in-person retreats for intensive community-building and personal and collective growth.
Utilize This Offer
The WE Africa year long transformative leadership journey is for women who meet the following criteria:
1. African nationals, current citizens of a country in Africa, or those who have had permanent residency in Africa for a minimum of 15 years;
2. A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the environmental space in government, NGO, or private sector in Africa;
3. At least 5 years serving in a senior leadership role;
4. A commitment to investing in your personal growth and participation for the full 12-month program;
5. A record of mentorship and desire to support future environmental leaders;
6. Access to reliable internet;
7. Able to speak and understand English conversationally;
8. A commitment to:
a) contribute USD $500 toward the cost of the course to secure your place; and
b) cover your travel costs to two in-person retreats for an estimated $1,500.
Together your contribution represents approximately 15% of the course value.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 15 August by midnight East Africa Time.
For more information, please visit https://womenforenvironment.org/2022-applications/