The Organising Committee for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the French Development Agency (AFD) are launching a call for projects to promote sport as a tool for development in Africa.
The purpose of the Impact 2024 International call for projects is to finance sports micro-projects dedicated to young people and equitably for girls, focused on equality and inclusion, citizenship and living together, the protection of childhood, education, health, environmental protection and vocational training and integration.
These micro-projects will use sport as a means to achieve their goals, while transmitting the values of Olympism, civic engagement and social ties conveyed by sport.
They should respond to local demand and seek a lasting improvement in living conditions and the empowerment of vulnerable populations.
Utilize This Offer
The call for projects is open to:
1. African structures:
a) Associations, foundations, local authorities, associative sports clubs, federations, CIG/ EIG, cooperatives, state structures, public structures, other declared groups, as well as French associations and foundations;
b) that have been registered for at least 2 years;
c) with annual resources that not exceed € 500,000;
2. Any candidate French association or foundation that deploys its project in partnership with a local structure in Africa;
3. The 54 eligible countries, excluding red zones defined by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs;
4. A project that:
a) takes place in Africa;
b) must have an implementation period of between 1 and 3 years;
c) must use sport as a means of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
d) requests grants that do not exceed 75% of the overall project budget excluding valuation.
Benefits of the call for projects:
• Continuous support via personalized advice on the project methodology and the funding request;
• Global training in the management of a development micro-project or specific to the sport and development theme;
• Monitoring and evaluation of funded projects;
• Connecting with players in the world of sport and development.
Grants range: € 10,000 to € 40,000 per project.
Any structure wishing to apply for the call for projects must first register on the Sport en Commun platform and complete the eligibility request form there by September 1, 2021 – 8 p.m. (GMT) at the latest.
Only applications preselected during Phase 1 will be able to access Phase 2 of the call for projects.
For more information, please visit https://www.sportencommun.org/en/projects/call-for-projects-impact-2024-...