The Private Financing Advisory Network is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts. It is soliciting applications for its mentoring program to support Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in eligible regions.
PFAN bridges this gap by helping entrepreneurs build their businesses and present them in a language which investors will understand and be interested in. We then help investors find and recognise the potential of these businesses.
PFAN is technology neutral, which means they do not prefer any technology over any other.
PFAN will not be able to support projects in the following sectors, notwithstanding their climate benefits:
• Nuclear origin;
• Carbon capture and storage;
• Combustion of fossil fuels;
• Waste incineration;
• Gas venting and flaring.
Furthermore, PFAN will not support projects that:
• Are likely to infringe on the protection of critical habitats;
• Use banned pesticides and/or chemicals;
• Cause involuntary resettlement or physical economic displacement;
• Are likely to alter, damage, or remove any cultural heritage and / or sites;
• Use forced, trafficked, or child labour.
Utilize This Offer
PFAN accepts applications from:
1. Projects and businesses in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central, South and Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe, Central America and the Caribbean Islands;
2. Project or business that:
a) provides climate change adaptation benefits and / or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services that fall within their areas of work;
b) is commercially and technically viable and requires no or only minimal grant funding. If your project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
PFAN does NOT provide funding, but offers coaching to entrepreneurs to support them in finding investors for their projects. PFAN does not directly fund projects.
Projects / businesses selected for PFAN assistance receive free business coaching. This coaching has been shown to greatly speed up the process of reaching investment-ready status and consequently shorten the path to finding investment. The PFAN journey follows a specific, time-bound three-stage process which aims to get you ready to meet investors, and once ready, enables targeted investor introductions.
a) are accepted on a continuous basis, and you may submit your application at any time;
b) are evaluated on a quarterly basis after the regularly announced deadlines;
c) submitted just after the deadline for the next evaluation round, may take up to three months before they are evaluated.
Proposals will be evaluated by a minimum of two experienced experts in the renewable energy and climate adaptation space.
Next Application Deadline: 29 August 2021.
For more information, please visit https://pfan.net/eligibility-criteria/