The Scanlon Foundation’s Annual Community Grants 2021 will support projects that demonstrate their contribution to social cohesion by addressing either of the following areas of focus:
a) Building pathways to employment; or
b) Increasing applied English literacy.
We expect grants to be distributed in early February 2022 for programs to be completed in that calendar year.
Utilize This Offer
1. All locations across each state and territory of Australia.
2. Organisations with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) 1 status.
3. Applicant organisations can partner with an organisation who has DGR 1 status (auspice) so long as the application comes directly from the organisation with DGR 1 status.
4. Local government bodies are welcome to apply for specific projects through the annual Community Grants where these projects engage and empower the broader community including both new and emerging and receiving communities. However, any local government would need to have obtained DGR1 status.
5. Projects should consider the experience of migrants and of receiving communities and aim to nurture positive outcomes.
6. All submissions are expected to empower new arrival communities and develop cross-cultural connections.
This year’s community grants will provide funding up to a maximum of $30,000 for a 12 month project (implementation from January to December 2022).
We prefer projects where the Foundation would not be the sole funding source but this is not a requirement.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 17 September 2021.
All applicants should be notified if they are successful by mid December.
For more information, please visit https://scanlonfoundation.org.au/grants/