The Al Madad Foundation is seeking proposals for its 2021 Grant Program to empower some of the world’s most vulnerable children by providing opportunities to heal, learn and grow.
1. Must NOT be an existing project unless it is entering a new phase of development; they will consider incorporating existing costs (if applicable) during the implementation of the new project if there is a demonstrably necessary link between the two;
2. Must clearly illustrate the organisation’s ability to effectively implement the project, and that it would provide value for money, constitute added value in the field and contain a clear monitoring process;
3. Must include children amongst the beneficiaries;
4. Must NOT have as an aim the promotion one religion or faith;
5. Must NOT duplicate work already in practice in the field.
Utilize This Offer
In order to be eligible applicants must:
1. Be a registered charity in the country in which they are headquartered;
2. Individuals who wish to apply can only do so in conjunction with a registered organisation (e.g. an academic researcher might apply with the backing of their university);
3. Be able to meet their reporting requirements;
4. Have a Child Protection Policy in place that conforms to the laws of the country in which they operate and a clear methodology that demonstrates that it is appropriately and consistently applied.
The objective is to support civil society institutions and schools in delivering creative and innovative solutions to problems facing refugee children in the Middle East and Europe.
A broad range of initiatives will be considered, but preference will be given to applications that fall under the following themes:
a) Identification of innovative and impactful approaches to make education safe, accessible, and resilient in emergencies.
b) Implementation of comprehensive wellbeing schemes into existing educational bodies supporting refugee and displaced children.
Grants are awarded at values of £20,000, £50,000 and £100,000.
Deadline: 11pm BST Tuesday 5th October 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.almadadfoundation.org/2021-grant