The Sparkplug Foundation"s Grant Program encourages Black, Indigenous, People of Color, people with disabilities, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, queer, and other queer-identifying communities, organizations, or organizers, to apply.
The Sparkplug Foundation is a family foundation, funded and administered in the US. They are guided by community voices, and prioritize grassroots organizing and innovation as the key for creating change.
WE DON’T FUND:
• businesses or any organization or individual without a fiscal sponsor;
• general operating expenses such as regular ongoing salaries, office space rental, etc., except for start-up projects and start-up organizations.
• lobbying or election campaigns.
• technology equipment such as computers, printers, etc.
• projects or organizations in Palestine/Israel that do not have either a US-based 501c3 fiscal sponsor or Israeli documentation of NGO status;
• religious projects, projects run by religious organizations, or any project that involves religious practice;
• visual arts projects, films, medical research or relief, dance, animal rescue, athletic programs, tuition grants, or scholarships;
• university-based projects.
Utilize This Offer
1. applications to 501c3 non-profits or individuals, communities or collectives that have a US-based 501c3 fiscal sponsor;
2. early stage organizations and projects;
3. materials and activities that make new ideas real and sustainable.;
4. small-to-medium organizations or ideas;
5. one-year grants;
6. projects in the US and Palestine / Israel;
7. activities that will occur within 1 year;
8. with an eye for community accountability and inclusion.
Sparkplug provides grants to start-up organizations and new projects of established non-profits in the following three areas:
b) Community Organizing;
Most grants are in the USD$10,000 to USD$15,000 range.
The current deadline for submitting a Letter of Intent form for this grant cycle is October 11th, 2021. (The deadline for submitting an invited Application is November 29th, 2021.)
For more information, please visit https://www.sparkplugfoundation.org/apply/