The UN Women Programme Office in Tajikistan is inviting CSOs to submit a Proposal for Community Norms Mapping through an Ethnographic overview of VAWG and Mobilization Communities for ending VAWG by localization of Gender Action Learning System (GALS) methodology, use of its tools and by supporting advocacy actions at a grassroot level.
The assignment will be undertaken under the Spotlight Initiative, contributing to the fulfillment of the
• SI Outcome 3 “Gender equitable social norms, attitudes and behaviour change at community and individual levels to prevent VAWG and harmful practices”, and
• SI Output 3.2. “Community advocacy platforms are established to develop strategies and interventions, incl. community dialogues, public information and advocacy campaigns, to promote gender-equitable norms, attitudes and behaviour, incl. in relation to women and girls’ self-confidence and self-esteem and transforming harmful masculinities”.
The Spotlight Initiative (SI), funded by European Union, came at a key moment in Tajikistan, bringing the resources to leverage the increasing political will to strengthen institutions and to engage civil society to significantly increase and expand on the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls (EVAWG) efforts done to date.
Utilize This Offer
Applicant organizations must:
1. Be a Public Association registered in Tajikistan;
2. Have a minimum 3 years of country-based professional experience;
3. Have expert knowledge:
a) in the field of addressing VAWG / VAWG, in various aspects of advocacy work and communications as well as social mobilization towards ending VAWG and social inclusion provision; and
b) on building capacity of Communities, CSOs and institutions; and
c) a reference to at least 2 relevant projects, implemented recently.
4. Familiarization with GALS methodology;
5. Track record of adult training with a reference to at least 2 projects, implemented recently;
6. Availability of skilled human capacities to implement the assignment;
7. Well-established client relations with the national partners and CSOs.
Under direct supervision of UN Women Programme Coordinator, the selected CSO – RP is expected to fulfill the assignment with the view of promoting favorable social norms, attitudes and behaviors at community and individual level to prevent VAWG and harmful practices.
The key tasks of this Terms of Reference are focusing on the following key areas:
1. Ethnographic review on harmful social norms and attitudes to VAWG; 3 target districts of DRS, Khatlon region and Sogd region (15 households and 180 active citizens);
2. Adaptation of gender actions learning systems (GALS) methodology to the context of Tajikistan and conduct gals for 120 new social norms champions. Communities of 6 target districts – 6 active groups by 20 community members, e.g. 120 participants in 6 groups.
Selected CSO will contribute to the Output and measure results by use of, along with others, the following indicators:
a) Indicator 3.1:
Decreased percentage of people who think it is justifiable for a man to (subject) beat his wife/intimate partner (to violence), by sex and age;
b) Indicator 3.2.2:
Number of people reached by campaigns challenging harmful social norms and gender stereotyping. Target: at least 2,000.
c) Indicator 3.2.5:
Number of campaigns challenging harmful social norms and gender stereotyping, including of women and girls facing intersecting and multiple forms of discrimination, developed and disseminated during the past year. Target: at least 3.
The budget range for this proposal should be 903,200.00 TJS – 1,016,100.00 TJS.
Submission deadline: 20 October 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2021/09/unw...