The European Commission (EC) invites NGOs, local authorities and other not-for-profit organizations based in the European Union to enter their community-based initiatives that help alleviate the mental health impact of COVID-19 for the 2021 EU Health Award, providing details about these initiatives and their tangible results.
This Award is funded through the EU4Health Programme 2021-2027 and helps to achieve the Programme’s aims by supporting the identification, dissemination and implementation of good practices that improve health and the quality of life.
Utilize This Offer
1. The applicant has been engaged or is currently engaged in community-based initiatives led by local authorities or their affiliated organisations, NGOs or other not-for-profit organisations to alleviate the mental health impact of COVID-19, and
2. Is a legally established organisation registered in the Participants Portal, and
a) either a city with more than 30 000 inhabitants. In countries where no city has more than 30 000 inhabitants, the largest city is eligible to apply;
b) or a primary, secondary or higher educational institution;
c) or a legally established non-governmental body or other not-for-profit organisation independent from industry, and without commercial, business or other conflicting interests.
d) or a local authority or an affiliated organisation.
4. The applicant acts at international, European, national, regional or local level.
5. Only applications from entities established in one of the following countries are eligible:
a) EU Member States;
b) Non-EU countries associated to the EU4Health programme.
6. Only applications from single applicants are acceptable (applicants may have partners, but must file as a single applicant).
Natural persons are not eligible to apply.
Applications may be submitted in any official language of the European Union. However, in order to facilitate the evaluation process, it is recommended to submit the applications in English or at least to provide an English translation, as indicated in the submission form.
Mental Health – Six initiatives per category will be selected, and each of them will receive a prize.
> Prizes for the category local authorities or affiliated organizations:
• First winner: EUR 30,000.
• Second winner: EUR 20,000.
• Third winner: EUR 12,000.
> Prizes for the category NGOs or other not-for-profit organizations:
• First position: two winners, each EUR 30,000.
• Second position: two winners, each EUR 20,000.
• Third position: two winners, each EUR 12,000.
In addition, six shortlisted initiatives will each be awarded a certificate and EUR 1500.
Submission deadline: 30 November 2021.
Do not wait until the last day to submit your application as you may encounter some difficulties reducing the size of the requested pdf documents.
For more information, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/health/award/home_en