The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is seeking applications for the International Fellowships to support:
• women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States and
• who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and
• who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career.
Since 1888, AAUW has been one of the largest funders of women’s graduate education, investing in women who go on to change the world.
AAUW has awarded over $115 million in fellowships and grants to more than 13,000 scholars and organizations in 50 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and Gaum and 150 countries, one of the largest scholarship programs for women in the world.
Utilize This Offer
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
2. Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2021.
3. Intend to devote themself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
4. Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
5. Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components, which include certain English proficiency exams, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written statement verifying English is the applicant’s native language.
6. Master’s / first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2021, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
Fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities.
An International Fellow is expected to pursue her project full time during the fellowship year (July 1–June 30).
No partial fellowships are awarded.
Fellowships may not be deferred.
• Master’s / first professional degree: USD$18,000;
• Doctoral: USD$20,000;
• Postdoctoral: USD$30,000.
The fellowship stipend is subject to a 14 or 30 percent tax. AAUW will withhold these funds for payment to the Internal Revenue Service.
November 15, 2021, by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time: Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents.
For more information, please visit https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-oppor...