The programme ‘EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Phase II’ aims to promote democratic consolidation in Nigeria by contributing to the building of strong, inclusive, effective and legitimate democratic institutions.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory and representative democracy in Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is to engender the conditions for inclusive, transparent, credible and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process with the meaningful participation of all sectors of society, including women, youth and other marginalised groups.
The priority of this call for proposals is to empower civil society organisations and relevant agencies to demand greater transparency and accountability in the electoral and decision making process, and promote greater citizens’ participation.
Utilize This Offer
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
1. be a legal person or an entity without legal personality or a natural person andbe non-profit-making and
2. be civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and community-based organisations, and private sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks and coalitions thereof at local, national, regional and international level and
3. be established in a Member State of the European Union or in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This obligation does not apply to international organisations; and
4. be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary; and
5. must operate at the state or local government level in Nigeria with considerable experience working at the grassroots. Failing this, must have a co-applicant operating at the state or local government level with considerable experience working at the grassroots level;
6. have a minimum of 2 years documented experience within the Nigerian electoral system.
Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant.
This call will focus on six thematic areas of support:
• the Electoral Management Body (EMB);
• the National Assembly
• the Political Parties;
• Participation of Women, Youth and Marginalized Citizens;
• Civil Society Organisations and other Non-State Actors.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must:
a) fall between minimum (EUR 250,000) and maximum amount (EUR 500,000);
b) fall between the minimum (50 % of the total eligible costs of the action) and the maximum percentage (95 %) of the total eligible costs of the action.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/3AX5rG7