The 2022 cohort of our GrowUp Incubator for social businesses aims to support and grow skills on early-stage entrepreneurs who have proven their concept and are looking for support on how to scale their social business and become self-sustainable.
Our GrowUp Incubator focuses on supporting and advancing innovative solutions that have the potential to create substantial environmental and social impact. We’re providing key support to social business entrepreneurs in post-revenue stage.
At the end, they will have identified how to:
a) Refine its partnerships and operational model;
b) Analyse the product-market fit for multiple contexts;
c) Find viable routes to scale and grow;
d) Integrate impact evaluation into the operational model;
e) Identify financial sustainability model and financial opportunities.
Utilize This Offer
To apply for 2022 cohort, your social business should:
1. Be located in one of our target countries in East Africa: Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Burundi.
2. Solve a challenge within one or more thematic areas related to food systems.
3. Be beyond experimentation stage.
4. Have your product / service on the market for 6 months – 3 years.
5. Be legally registered or planning on doing it during the incubation program.
6. Be led by a person or by the community (cooperative model).
7. Be able to demonstrate substantial environmental and social impact.
8. Be in pre-seed investment but post-revenue stage.
9. Have accumulated sales to date of approx. 10,000 – 25,000 USD (Not necessarily profitable yet).
10. Have 2-3 people from the team who will participate in the program.
11. Have regular access to stable internet to participate in mentoring sessions and cohort events.
Incubatees of GrowUp will receive tailored mentorship based on their needs, interactive capacity building workshops and networking opportunities with local partners and peer-to-peer support to share challenges and discover solutions.
Our solutions are based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals targeting a combination of different goals in each specific project, while always contributing to Professor Yunus’ vision of “A World of Three Zero’s”: Zero Poverty, Zero Unemployment and Zero Net Carbon Emissions.
Please apply for the 2022 cohort: Sustainable Food Systems by the 21st of November 2021 .
For more information please visit