The Arab Foundation for Freedoms and Equality (AFE) has announced a call for proposals for the Mobilizing Young Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to lead change in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) for young people with various gender expressions in 6 countries across MENA region: Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT).
This call aims to support work that contributes to the increased demand of YP’s SRHR, which has a transformative effect on sustainable development due to its connection with basic human wellbeing and gender equality.
AFE’s grant making will look positively at projects adopting one or more of the following strategic approaches:
• Support to underfunded and new issues / constituencies / actors / methods;
• Support to grass root interventions aiming at mainstreaming Gender and Bodily Rights within social norms;
• Support to long-term investment in Gender and Bodily Rights work;
• Enhancing capacity of civil society’s Gender and Bodily Rights infrastructure.
Priority is given to:
> Small, emerging grassroots groups with little or no access to funding from larger donors;
> Groups located in remote, underserved areas.
You are NOT eligible if you are an individual, government institution, political organization or religious group.
Utilize This Offer
In order to be eligible to apply under this grant, your organization has to meet the following criteria:
1. Your organization is led by young people with various gender expressions.
2. Your organization is a not-for-profit organization, Community-based organization, or informal group engaged in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights advocacy in Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq or Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT).
3. Your organization runs with an annual budget of less than 50,000 USD.
What work can be done under this call?
a) The creation of safe platforms, both online and offline, for young people with various gender expressions, where they can come together and discuss Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) issues.
b) Awareness raising activities, by and for young people with various gender expressions, on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
c) Organizational development efforts for nascent organizations and / or informal groups led by young people with various gender expressions.
d) Capacity building on lobbying and advocacy for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), for young people with various gender expressions.
The minimum amount that can be requested for a Core Support Grant is 5,000 USD, the maximum amount is 20,000 USD. The Core Support Grant runs for twelve months.
Executive Summary must be submitted by November 22nd, 2021 at 20:00 EEST.
For more information, please visit https://afemena.org/grants/