Columbia World Projects is accepting nominations for the 2022–2023 Obama Foundation Scholars Program.
The Obama Foundation Scholars program is a full-time program, running for the duration of the academic year from August through May.
Prior to arriving in New York, Scholars will be asked to take part in some online activities, though these are not full-time commitments.
Scholars will be expected to engage in various activities led by the Obama Foundation throughout the year.
Upon returning to the countries and regions where they work at the conclusion of the program, Scholars will play a role in the broader international Obama Foundation network and participate in Obama Foundation activities.
Scholars will not be permitted to continue their current job during their participation in the program. This is a full-time program in which active and engaged participation is key to creating a meaningful experience.
Utilize This Offer
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
1. Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers;
2. Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
3. Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken);
4. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting scores from one of four eligible exams;
5. Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community;
6. Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
a) Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City;
b) A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person;
c) All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University;
d) Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person;
e) Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person.
The deadline to submit an application for the 2022-2023 Obama Foundation Scholars Program is December 22 at 5PM ET.
For more information, please visit https://worldprojects.columbia.edu/application-information