The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) has announced its second call for proposals in Mali to strengthen women’s participation in local efforts to advance the WPS agenda and protect the rights of women and girls.
Composed of representatives of donors, United Nations agencies and organizations of the civil society, the WPHF is a global pooled funding mechanism that aims to revive action and stimulate a significant increase in funding, participation, leadership and empowerment of women in peace and security processes and humanitarian action.
The WPHF is a flexible and fast funding mechanism. It supports quality interventions aimed at strengthening the capacity of women to locally prevent conflicts, to cope with crises and emergency situations and seize essential peacebuilding opportunities.
The WPHF aims to overcome the silos between humanitarian aid, peace and security maintenance and financing development by investing in strengthening participation, leadership and the empowerment of women through all phases, whether in times of crisis, of peace and security or development.
Since its launch in 2016, the WPHF has supported more than 300 civil society organizations and is present in 20 countries or groupings of countries.
Utilize This Offer
1. International organizations national and local defense rights of women, feminists or civil society, led by women and demonstrating proven experience working with women and girls.
2. The projects must be implemented in the following localities:
a) central regions (Ségou, Mopti, Bandiagara, San and Douentza) or
b) in the North (Gao, Kidal, Ménaka, Taoudéni and Timbuktu).
3. Any project proposed outside these regions should specifically target internally displaced persons and their host communities in areas with high numbers of internally displaced people.
4. Applicant organizations should demonstrate experience in addressing violence against of women and girls, gender inequalities and / or women’s rights.
5. Call and all related documents are available only in French.
Field organizations and Local community organizations are particularly encouraged to apply.
Joint projects are allowed and encouraged.
The Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) seeks to fund qualifying civil society organizations and projects led by and working alongside women and girls in central and northern Mali that are high impact, innovative and contribute directly to the following objectives:
• Increasing women’s participation in advocating for and ensuring accountability on the WPS agenda;
• Protecting women and girls’ safety, security and human rights.
The call for proposals aims to meet the needs of local women’s organizations in fragile contexts, through two (2) funding streams:
> Funding Stream 1
Institutional Funding: from USD 2,500 to USD 30,000.
> Funding Stream 2
Project Funding: USD 30,000 to USD 200,000.
All civil society organizations can apply for grants for a period of maximum of 18 months.
Application Deadline: 27 December 2021.
For more information, please visit https://wphfund.org/call-for-proposals-in-mali/