ONSIDE Gaming is a fund that will support girl / women / non-binary people-led initiatives that promote and advocate for gender justice in esports and gaming.
In this second round of funding, the ONSIDE Fund will support organisations from 24 different countries.
In an effort to continue ONSIDE’s commitment to the democratisation of philanthropy and its shared governance principles, the Fund set up Regional Peer Review Panels, mostly comprised of grantees from the first round, to review and select the second round of ONSIDE grantees for each of the global regions.
The ONSIDE Fund is part of the broader ONSIDE Initiative which envisions a world where all girls, women and non-binary people exercise their right to play.
Utilize This Offer
The ONSIDE Gaming Fund is designed to support individuals and grassroots organizations, collectives, groups, and cooperatives led by girls, women, and non-binary individuals, benefitting girls, women, and non-binary individuals in gaming and esports.
Groups and organizations:
1. Can either be registered or unregistered
2. Must have an annual operating budget of less than USD 150,000 for the past two fiscal years
3. Must be led at least 60% by women / girl / non-binary individuals
4. At least one leader must be over the age of 18.
1. Must identify as a girl, woman, or non-binary.
2. Must be over the age of 18.
Will any type of groups be prioritized?
1. Applications clearly led by girls, women, and non-binary individuals that demonstrate participatory models of leadership, including meaningful leadership roles and active decision-making functions
2. Applications led by and benefitting underrepresented and marginalised communities.
If your organisation’s income is larger than $150,000 USD, you are not eligible to apply. This includes the entire annual operating income of your organization and not just one specific branch or project.
The ONSIDE Gaming Fund is looking to support initiatives in all sectors of the gaming and esports community. This includes activities related but not limited to game development, playing and organizing, competing in tournaments, educating, advocating, raising awareness, among others.
It is highly recommended to apply for no more than 50% of your annual organisational income. And if you have none or less than $5,000 in organisational income, to apply for a seed grant of $2,500.
At this time, they are only accepting applications in English.
Applications deadline : 17-Dec-21.
For more information, please visit https://www.onsidefund.org/