The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) has announced Gender Lens Investment Pay for Results Fund (PFRF) to use grant capital to test models for increasing investment into women-led Small and growing businesses (SGBs) in emerging markets.
These grants are intended to cover costs associated with developing the systems and processes necessary to take a “gender lens” approach to investment.
The grants will go directly to investors and will use a “pay for results” structure in which the grant payment will be contingent upon completed investments with a clear path to gender impact.
This funding has been made possible with generous support from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), thus concept notes will be required to complete a subrecipient questionnaire.
Utilize This Offer
ANDE requests concept notes for grants to support investors seeking to increase the gender impact of their portfolio.
1. Organization types that are eligible to apply:
a) Capacity Development Providers:
Organizations that provide business development and advisory services to SGBs;
Funds or financial entities that focus on providing capital to small and growing businesses (SGBs) in developing countries;
c) Research and Advisory Service Providers:
Organizations that provide consulting, research and advisory services as the main mission of the organization, as well as associations that provide a service to the sector as a whole;
d) Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Non-Grantmaking (Operating) Foundations;
e) Non-grantmaking (Operating) Foundations.
2. Grants can only be used for internal changes associated with developing the systems and processes necessary to take a gender lens approach to investment.
3. These grants are intended to cover costs associated with developing the systems and processes necessary to take a gender lens approach to investment.
4. The grants will go directly to investors and will use a “pay for results” structure in which the grant payment will be contingent upon completed investments with a clear path to gender impact.
5. The applicant should propose how they will generate a positive gender impact through their investments in one or more of the following categories:
a) Making investments in women owned or women-led businesses;
b) Making Investment in business that offer products or services that substantially improve the lives of women and girls;
c) Making investments in businesses that advance gender equity through dignified employment and through value chains.
The ANDE’s Gender Lens Pay for Result Fund is open to ANDE member organizations and non-member organizations.
Cost-sharing is permitted.
Proposals can request funding for a subset of a project, not a standalone project.
Submissions should be:
• for activities of 12-17 months in duration between April 2022 and September 2023,
• with a minimum total request of US$20,000 and a maximum total request of US $50,000.
Deadline to submit concept note: Wednesday, December 23, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.andeglobal.org/gender-lens-pfrf/