The Regional Fund aims to support with economic resources the financing of projects by women's and feminist organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean that contribute to the achievement of gender equality, economic, physical and decision-making autonomy of women and the guarantee of their rights in Latin America and the Caribbean, within the framework of the Regional Gender Agenda and in articulation with the mechanisms for the advancement of women.
The Regional Fund works through grants from governments, United Nations agencies, development banks, foundations and civil society organizations or other regional and international cooperation funds and mechanisms, as well as the private sector.
The Regional Fund for Women’s and Feminist Organizations and Movements is making this first call for the submission of grant applications to women’s and feminist civil society organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Utilize This Offer
Applicants may submit an application if:
1. They are registered and in operation for at least three years.
2. They have sufficient capacity to collaborate with various stakeholders.
3. They have sufficient financial management capacity, including the implementation of adequate financial policies and procedures to manage the small grant.
4. They are not a government entity.
5. They are not a UN organization.
6. Their management staff does not participate in the Board of Directors or the Secretariat of the Regional Fund to Support Women’s and Feminist Organizations.
Projects must be submitted by non-governmental organizations with a national presence in which the project will be implemented and that are aimed at promoting actions related to the Regional Gender Agenda agreed in the framework of the Regional Conference on Women in Latin America and the Caribbean of ECLAC.
Proposals may be aimed at:
a) Introduce and improve organizational systems, tools, and processes;
b) Strengthen skills, particularly in technical and managerial skills; and/or,
c) To support equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, printers, laptops, and computers provided that the cost of such equipment is limited to 30 per cent of the proposed grant budget.
Grants for this call are limited to a maximum of US$10,000 per women’s and feminist organization or movement for a period of no more than 4 months.
Apply before January 24th, 2022 at 23:59 hours, Panama City.
For more information, please visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2021/11/unw...