The Asia Foundation is implementing the Strengthening Social Cohesion in Sri Lanka project with support from Global Affairs Canada.
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia.
Informed by nearly seven decades of experience and deep local expertise, their work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation.
Utilize This Offer
1. Not-for-profit, registered, local civil society organizations;
2. Organizations currently operating in at least one of the ten districts within Sri Lanka: Kalutara, Galle, Badulla, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Ampara, Jaffna, Mannar, Kurunegala, Kandy;
3. Organizations currently working in more than five districts will not be considered for funding;
4. The main location of the proposed project must be within the ten districts mentioned above;
5. Projects should promote social cohesion through one of the key approaches listed below:
a) Ensuring improved safety and security for local communities, especially women and girls;
b) Ensuring all communities have equitable access to local information and services and are meaningfully engaged in inclusive dialogues and decision-making with local government service providers;
c) Enabling young men and women to better understand shared values that underpin constructive dialogue between diverse communities and the role that these values play in strengthening inter-community relations and civic responsibility.
Grants are up to a maximum of USD35,000 (exchange rate: USD 1= LKR 198).
The award implementation period for grants is 6 to 12 months.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2022, 5:00 pm.
For more information, please visit https://asiafoundation.org/2021/12/19/funding-opportunities-for-local-ci...