HIF Call for Innovators: Improving Monitoring and Evaluation of Gender Based Violence
The initiative is funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). The Humanitarian Innovation Fund supports organisations and individuals to identify, nurture and share innovative and scalable solutions to the challenges facing effective humanitarian assistance.
There are two specific innovation challenges, each addressing a different theme within Monitoring & Evaluation, to encourage teams to focus their efforts:
Innovation Challenge 1: Measure the Impact of GBV Programmes: Proposalsto evaluate the impact and quality of existing or new GBV programmes by developing and implementing different assessment processes and tools and identyfing and monitoring relevant metrics.
Innovation Challenge 2: Develop Real-Time Monitoring Tools: Proposals to develop tool that easily integrate into the humanitarian system and enable the real-time collection of GBV data during an emergency. The data collected should be reliable and support GBV decision-making and the design of GBV programmes.
Stages of Innovation:
All teams will have the opportunity to apply for grant funding of £50,000 to further explore and/or prototype their ideas within one year.
- Any type of legally registered organization or teams may apply (excluding single individuals) can apply.
- Any team with a feasible idea which directly addresses one of the two Monitoring & Evaluation challenge statements with a focus on emergency settings can apply.
- Each team can consist of collaborations/consortia between differentorganizations.
- Up to two applications are possible, either with different ideas for the same challenge or different ideas addressing different challenges.
- Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
- Deadline: 30 October2016.
For more information, please visitHumanitarian Innovation Fund (HIF) at http://www.elrha.org/hif/funding/gender-based-violence-gbv/exploring-new...