The National Park Service (NPS) is seeking applications from eligible entities for a grant program entitled “FY 2016 African American Civil Rights Grant Program (Civil RightsGrants)”.
FY 2016 African American Civil Rights Grant Program (Civil Rights Grants) will document, interpret, and preserve the sites and stories related to the African American struggle to gain equal rights as citizens in the 20th Century.
- Award Ceiling: $500,000
- Award Floor: $15,000
Grants will fund a broad range of planning, development, and research projects for historic sites including:
- Architectural services
- Historic structure reports
- Bricks and mortar repair
- Nonprofitsthat do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- City or township governments
- State governments
- County governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Certified Local Governments (CLGs)
- Eligible Country:United States.
For more information, visithttp://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=287536