The Gender Research Consultant will design a MIAD GDA Level 1 research study to conduct a desk review of existing AKF gender program and policy documents in order to:
- Understand how gender is integrated into the current MIAD programming and implementation in Badakhshan;
- Identify areas of strength and weakness in AKF’s current approaches and
- Articulate recommendations that can be included in AKF’s Gender Strategy and used to improve gender programming, particularly with regards to the integrated development, or “MIAD” approach.
- Masters degree in Gender, international development or related fields;
- Three to five years of research experience, academic or applied, working on gender mainstreaming;
- Knowledge of gender analysis frameworks;
- Ability to critically analyze and effectively communicate results of research;
- Proven ability to work independently with attention to details;
- Excellent English is required;
Experience living and working in developing countries is an asset.
Previous research on Afghanistan is an asset.
Up to 15 days between November 1st 2016 and January 15th 2017.
Total number of days charged: 15 days.
Full job description and How to Apply available at https://www.devex.com/jobs/home-based-consultant-gender-desk-study-miad-...