Applications are open for Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program (AIYEP) to promote cross-cultural understanding and exchange among young Australians and Indonesians. It provides a wonderful opportunity for the participants to experience first-hand the culture and society of each country.
The program aims to provide wider opportunities for the young people of Indonesia and Australia to appreciate the culture, development and the way of life of each country.
AIYEP is a program designed for exceptional and energetic young people with a desire to deepen their understanding of Indonesia and a commitment to strengthening the linkages between the two countries. Indonesian language skills are desirable but not mandatory.
The program in Australia is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade through the Australia-Indonesia Institute (AII). An Australian coordinator engaged by DFAT manages the Australian phase of the exchange. Selection of Australian participants is by a selection committee.
In Indonesia the program is organized by the State Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sport. The Australian Embassy in Jakarta provides support and assistance.
- In Australia, the AII covers all costs, including air fares and accommodation. In addition, the AII is responsible for the international travel of all participants.
- In Indonesia, the cost of the program, including domestic travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the Indonesian Government.
The AIYEP is open to people aged between 21 and 25 years in October 2015 who satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Australian / Indonesian citizenship;
- An active or emerging interest in Australia/Indonesia with knowledge of program’s bilateral ties;
- English/Indonesian language skills;
- The personality and background to effectively act as a young ambassador for Australia/Indonesia;
- Professional/personal skills in the areas nominated by the AII such as in group dynamics, interpersonal/relationship development, cultural awareness and sensitivity, public speaking and cultural/artistic performance;
- Ability to adapt to different living environments and contribute to group well-being;
- Ability to uphold and promote the value and aims of AIYEP in their personal behaviour during the exchange;
- Availability to participate in training prior to departure; and
- Good health.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia; Indonesia.
Submissions close at 5:00PM 24 Outubro 2016 (AEDT).
For more information, please visit AIYEP.