The Women’s Sports Foundation, with support from espnW, has launched “Sports 4 Life” a national grant program to increase participation and retention of African-American and Hispanic girls in sports.
The benefits of sports participation on young women are tremendous: increased confidence and higher self-esteem, a more positive body image, better overall physical health and lower rates of obesity, better grades in school, a higher graduation rate and a greater likelihood to attend college. Quality sports programs can also provide a leadership training experience for girls.
The Women’s Sports Foundation wants to empower communities, and organizations to teach girls the foundational benefits of sports: leadership, self-esteem, confidence, and perseverance.
Together, the Women’s Sports Foundation and espnW will award a minimum of $200,000 to help organizations across the United States create or expand developmental youth sports programs serving African-American and Hispanic girls ages 11 to 18.
Grants ranging from $2,500 up to $10,000 are available based on organization size and potential program reach.
1) The Women’s Sports Foundation grant is open to non-profit schools, parks and recreation departments, non-profit organizations that possess 501(c)(3) status at the time the application is submitted, or an amateur sports league with a 501(c)(3) status located in the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia or U.S. Territories.
2) Applicants must demonstrate that the program meets the following criteria:
- Serve predominately African-American or Hispanic girls (representing more than 70% of the enrolled program participants)
- The ability to deliver structured, developmental sports programming to girls ages 11 to 18 through experienced and committed leadership
- The ability to provide ongoing funding to implement sports programming after the life of the grant has expired
- Comply with all of the applicable Federal Civil Rights laws, including the requirements pertaining to developing and submitting an Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP), reporting Findings of Discrimination, and providing language services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) persons.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States.
Application deadline: 18 November 2016.
For more information, please visit Sports 4 Life Grants.