UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund, an international development agency, invites qualified organizations to submit proposals for the 6th Country Programme.
The purpose of the Invitation for Proposals is to identify eligible non-governmental organizations for prospective partnership with UNFPA Turkey to support achievement of results outlined in the 2016-2020 6th County Programme Document.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Within this framework and as set out in 2016-2020 6th County Programme Document working with government and other partners, UNFPA will contribute to achieve the following results: ◾Provision of youth friendly reproductive health services to vulnerable population groups; ◾Provision of humanitarian assistance to refugees on reproductive health and gender based violence; ◾Promoting gender equality and combating gender based violence; ◾Collecting statistical and disaggregated demographic data and information; using this data and information in the development and implementation of social and economic policies.
Eligible organizations will be selected in a transparent and competitive manner, based on their capacity to ensure the highest quality of service, including the ability to apply innovative strategies to meet programme priorities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
◾Governance & Leadership:
- The organization has a clearly defined mission and goals that reflect the organization’s structure and context, as well as alignment to UNFPA priority areas. - Organization does not have a history of fraud, complaints or service delivery issues.
- Organization has sufficient staff resources and technical expertise to implement the proposed activities. - Organization does not have conflicts of interest with UNFPA or its personnel that cannot be effectively mitigated.
- The organization’s mission and/or strategic plan focuses on at least one of the UNFPA’s programme areas. - The organization has experience in the country or field and enjoys prominence in areas related to UNFPA’s mandate. - The organization has a proven track record in implementing similar activities and is seen as credible by its stakeholders and partners. - The organization has relevant community presence and ability to reach the target audience; especially vulnerable populations and hard-to-reach areas.
- The organization has systems and tools in place to systematically collect, analyse and use programme monitoring data
- The organization has established partnerships with the government and other relevant local, international and private sector entities.
- The organization has established policies or practices to reduce the environmental impact of its activities. If no policies exist, the organization must not have a history of its activities causing negative impact to the environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their applications at the address given on the website. Deadline: 10 November 2016.
For more information, please visit http://turkey.unfpa.org/submission/invitation-proposal-call-implementing...