United NationsEntity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment ofWomenis acceptingproposalsfrom eligible organisations for a program entitled “Global Acceleration Instrument (GAI) on Women,Peace& Security andHumanitarianAction” with an aim to achieve peaceful and gender equal societies.
The GAI has three main functions:
- First,it breaks silos between humanitarian, peace, security, and development finance by investing in enhancing women’s engagement,leadership, and empowerment across all phases of crisis, peace and security, and development.
- Second,it addresses structuralfundinggaps for women’s participation in key phases of crisis, peace and security, and development by improving the timeliness, predictability and flexibility of international assistance. Notably, it will ensure a timely investment in conflict prevention after receipt of early warning signals from women, and will accelerate the dispersal of development assistance after successful peace negotiations.
- Third,it recognizes that peace cannot be created nor sustained without investment in both the government andcivil societyorganizations.
Outcome 1:An enablingenvironmentfor the implementation of WPS commitment
Outcome 2:Women’s meaningful participation in conflict prevention
Outcome 3:Humanitarian/crisis response planning, frameworks and programming which is informed by gender analysis and needs assessments
Outcome 4:Conflict resolution
Outcome 6:Peace building and recovery investments which benefit women
- National and local civil society organizations are eligible to apply. Women’s grass-root/local/community based organizations are particularly encouraged to apply. Joint CSOs projects are allowed and encouraged. CSOs are strongly encouraged to partner with grass-root organizations.
- UN entities are eligible to apply, through supporting CSOs. Joint UN projects are encouraged.
- Governmental entities may also submit projects aiming to facilitate partnerships and cooperation for the implementation of CSOs led projects.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visithttps://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/52182