The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact for public service in their home countries.
The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing or a housing stipend (if enrolling in the Global EMPA program), travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate andnon-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application.
- Strong academic record.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with youronline applicationto NYU Wagner forFall 2017. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application.
- Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered for fellows.
- Applications are due by December 15, 2016 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in mid-to-lateFebruary 2017.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visithttp://wagner.nyu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/fellowships/awpsf