The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is seeking applications for its 2017 South East Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP), sponsored by the U.S. Embassy and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State.
Each year the application process is opened to youth from different regions of Cambodia. This year, the application is open to secondary school students and educators (teachers/community leaders) from Kampong Thom Province only.
Participants will develop concrete skills in project development, communication, and leadership while engaging in hands-on activities, workshops, seminars, and site visits. Participants will also develop projects to address the needs of their communities upon their return home. The program will take place in April 2017 and will include site visits, workshops, homestays, and a study tour.
1) For secondary school students who:
- Will be at least 15 years old and not more than 17 years old by April 1, 2017;
- Have leadership potential, a commitment to or interest in civic action, strong academic and social skills, and an interest in community service;
- Have strong English skills;
- Have permission from both parent(s)/guardian(s) and schools to participate in the entire program;
- Preference will be given to participants who have not previously traveled to the United States, especially on a U.S. government-sponsored program.
2) For educators or community leaders who:
- Are willing to serve as mentors for the youth on this program;
- Teach at a secondary school or work with youth in a professional or volunteer capacity;
- Are well respected in the community;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Intend to continue working with or for youth in their careers and have an interest in professional development.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by emailing your completed application by 5p.m. on December 23, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Eligible Country: Cambodia.
For more information, please visithttps://kh.usembassy.gov/seaylp-2017/