The Program is a fully-funded six-week intensive leadership training program in the United States for undergraduate students from across the Middle East and North Africa.
The program runs from June 25 - August 5, 2017, and consists of two key components:
- a five-week academic residency at a selected U.S. academic institution, and
- a one-week study tour designed to complement and reinforce the concepts explored in the academic residency.
MEPI Student Leaders is designed for emerging leaders who demonstrate a commitment to civic engagement in their own communities upon completion of the program. The program consists of hands-on leadership training workshops, academic sessions on topics including conflict resolution, social and political change management, and the role of civil society in the democratic process, site visits, community service projects, optional home stays and other opportunities for interaction with Americans peers.
- Be citizensliving and attending university in the eligible countries. Applicants should be residing there at the time of application submission and during the interview process.
- Be 20 to 24 years of age;
- Demonstrate strong English language skills needed for participation in a U.S. academic program;
- Becommitted to returning to their home country/community following completion of the program;
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential and a commitment to civic engagement; Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- Have a sustained high level of academic achievement;
- Have no prior travel experience in the United States and limited to no study or travel experience outside their home country;
- Bewilling and able to participate fully in intensive academic, community service, and educational travel activities;
- Becomfortable with campus life, sharing living accommodations while traveling with a multinational group of participants from the Middle East and North Africa and with U.S. citizens, and making adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home countries/communities; and
- Becomfortable spending part of Ramadan and Eid in the United States.
NOTE: U.S. passport and L.P.R. (green card) holders are ineligible to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Algeria, Bahrain, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Tunisia. Please check the website of your local U.S. Embassy for more information.
The deadline for applications isDecember 31, 2016with the following exceptions:
- For Jordanian applicants the application deadline isJanuary 10, 2017
- For Israeli applicants the application deadline isJanuary 18, 2017.
- For Algerian applicants the application deadline isJanuary 17, 2017.
For more information, please visit https://studentleaders.fluidreview.com/