The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and AMIDEAST are invitingapplicants for its Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program with an aim to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and NorthAfricawho are from under served backgrounds.
Benefits -Participation in the program includes:
- Academic fees for four years of university at AUB or LAU
- A study abroad experience in the U.S.
- Accident and sickness insurance, housing
- A monthly allowance during the school year
- A citizen or, national ofYemenand those qualified to hold a valid Yemeni passport;
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2016;
- Yemeni applicants residing in the U.S. must be holders of valid F or J visas and must not already be enrolled in an undergraduate program. U.S.-based applicants must upload a copy of their current I-20 or DS-2019 form as an additional document to the online application;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum Institutional TOEFL (ITP) score of 480 (or equivalent on a similar test) that is less than two years old;
- Maturity, flexibility andleadershippotential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of2017.
- American citizens are not eligible.Applicants possessing dual U.S./Yemeni citizenship are ineligible.
-If you do not have a TOEFL score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visithttps://yemenhr.com/tl