The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners.
The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls;
- inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law;
- environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management;
- peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace;
- human dignity: health, education and nutrition;
- growth that works for everyone.
Utilize This Offer
The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.
The average CFLI contribution is $5,000 to $30,000 Canadian Dollars.