The U.S. Embassy to Ethiopia announces an open competition for individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, public educational institutions, and public international organizations in Ethiopia and in the USA to submit proposals that fall into one of the thematic areas specified below.
1. Efforts to support Ethiopia’s economic and political reforms, including support for elections, civil society, democracy and governance, and entrepreneurship;
2. Strengthening independent media through media literacy, training and other engagement;
3. Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM);
4. Engaging emerging and under-represented populations, including youth, women and persons with disabilities through education, art, sports, culture and other creative programs;
5. Promoting tolerance and peace through dialogue;
6. Promoting economic growth, especially via entrepreneurship;
7. Promoting sustainable policies to protect the environment.
Utilize This Offer
Proposals must be in the English language and must be completed in one year or less.
Applicants are encouraged to provide cost-sharing from additional sources and should explain clearly other likely sources of funding or in-kind participation.