The iDove initiative was jointly launched by the African Union Commission’s Directorate of Citizens and Diaspora Organizations (AUC-CIDO) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
The annual iDove Intercontinental Youth Forums provide a valuable platform for young activists, academics, creatives & policy makers from all over Africa and Europe to share experiences, ideas and knowledge on constructive strategies to prevent violent extremism (PVE).
The 2019 Forum will focus on the current challenge of rehabilitating and reintegrating (R&R) foreign fighters and other returnees.
1) be between 18 and 35 years old;
2) be a citizen or resident of a European or an African country;
3) have proven experience in PVE and building social cohesion, ideally the context of rehabilitation & reintegration of returnees;
4) be committed to and/or experienced in interfaith dialogue and collaboration;
5) be fluent in either English or French.
Utilize This Offer
Participation costs, including travel and accommodation, will be covered by the organizers.
The deadline for applications is EAT midnight June 30, 2019.
Applications must be submitted online via given website: https://tinyurl.com/y44b3hfj