The PCAN Fund:
a) is an integral part of the Place-Based Climate Action Network
b) provides small grants to researchers and research users, thus opening the Network to a wider community
c) is open to the UK research and climate change community
d) 1st round will support 3 – 6 projects worth £5,000 – £35,000 each, for a total of £75,000.
The actual funding envelope and the number of projects could be higher or lower, depending on the quality of proposals received.
Applications may be submitted under 5 headings:
- impact grants (e.g., co-production of decision-relevant knowledge)
- engagement grants (e.g., events, secondments, campaigns)
- research grants (aimed preferentially at early career researchers)
- training grants (e.g. skill development)
- innovation grants (e.g. seed-funding for new initiatives or products).
Focus: proposals that support the design and delivery of local climate action in the UK.
Proposals are evaluated in a two-stage process.
Utilize This Offer
Applications are invited from both practitioners (policy makers, businesses, NGOs etc.) and academics and researchers.
Expressions of interest (stage 1 proposals) should be submitted electronically via given website: https://pcancities.org.uk/call-proposals-round-one