Organizations must meet AT LEAST the following criteria to apply:
1. Located in one of our current priority countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, or India
2. Dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls and/or trans people. Groups’ activities should also indicate a significant focus on the economic empowerment of women, girls, and/or trans people
3. Must be able to demonstrate that they are organized as a group, such as under a constitution or set of bylaws - they do not need to be registered as non-governmental organizations
4. Groups must be governed and led by women, girls, and/or trans people - they should fill all or most of the leadership roles, including, but not limited to, the highest levels of decision-making
5. We give priority to organizations that have annual budgets less than $50,000 USD
6. Eager to collaborate, network, learn, and share ideas/expertise with like-minded organizations
7. Committed to measuring programmatic and organizational results.
Utilize This Offer
VGIF has a three-stage grant-making process.
Grants are flexible (a mix of core and programmatic support), and grantees may receive up to 6 years of funding totaling $95,000.
The application for Opportunity Grants is an online process.
Please visit https://www.vgif.org/for-grantseekers